Developer Briefing #27 - Early Access Roadmap, Launch Time & Changelog!
Welcome to Developer Briefing #27!
This week’s a special one as tomorrow Hell Let Loose enters Steam Early Access!
We’re incredibly excited to be at this point and wouldn’t be here without the fantastic support of our backers and pre-release community – THANK YOU!
Tomorrow, Lead Developer Max will be making a post to mark launch day, so watch this space…
Before then though, we’ve got quite the briefing for you, so get ready for:
- Server Live Times
- The Early Access Roadmap
- Launch Changelog
Let’s do this!
Server Live Times
We are pleased to announce that on June 6th, Hell Let Loose servers will be going live at:
11am BST / 12pm CEST / 6am ET / 3am PT
This also means that Hell Let Loose will be able to be purchased directly through Steam from that time and the game will be live and ready to play!
The Early Access Roadmap
Tomorrow marks the start of our journey through Early Access here on Steam.
Below you will see our Early Access Roadmap! Please note that this isn’t exhaustive and there will be more to come…
Rest assured we’ll be continuing our weekly Developer Briefings. Going forward they will - when applicable - contain updates on upcoming features, bug fixes and content to keep our community in the loop throughout Early Access!
What are you most excited for in our roadmap? Let us know in the comments!
Early Access Launch Changelog
Following our May closed beta we’ve been working on some tweaks and bug fixes that will be applied in tomorrow’s launch patch! We’ve listed them below for your reading pleasure:
- Lowered MP40 horizontal recoil to allow for better control up to 75m
- Lowered Thompson horizontal and vertical recoil to allow for better control up to 75m
- Lowered STG 44 horizontal and vertical recoil to allow for better control up to 75m
- Lowered BAR horizontal and vertical recoil to allow for better control up to 75m
- Tweaked scope time on Springfield in order to smooth out the transition to the optic
- MG bipods now have a more generous vertical arc to allow people to better aim up while deployed on the ground
Those who pre-ordered the game will now be able to enable their helmet to display once they’ve entered a server by turning it on in the Options menu. We will be distributing codes to all Backer tiers eligible for a helmet via email in the coming weeks. Both will then be worked in to the full cosmetic system that will be implemented during the Early Access period.
Being able to jump and then vault has been removed, and instead we have increased the vault height from 120cm to 160cm, allowing you to climb out of most trenches and over all fences without allowing you to scale high walls. We are keen to make sure high walls remain a way to funnel infantry and vehicles in the battlespace.
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed attempting to deploy as the map is changing with less than 4 seconds left on the deploy counter will cause the player to get stuck on the 'Failed to deploy' message, forcing a shutdown via either Task Manager or Alt F4.
- There could be pending deployment requests scheduled with timers when a map was changed or a round ended. Deployment timers are now tracked and invalidated when a round ends or a map is changed.
- RCon Client displays an untitled map name when changing maps
- Commanders can now dismantle their Garrisons
- The hint reminding users to place down Garrisons and Outposts will still occur even if the user has already built one) - now the player will only need to place either a Garrison or an Outpost to the hint not to appear
- Fixed inverse angle calculation for ricochets
- Fixed rocket launches so that they apply surface specific decal
- Fixed the possibility to get the same map twice in a row (disabled shuffling the map sequence and additional logging for MapRotation)
- Changed physics correction to run every frame instead of only when it receives information (to make physics more responsive and smoother)
- Players are no longer able to fire certain weapons while vaulting/climbing
- Button prompts on the "Map Vote" & "Vote to kick" windows do not update after changing keybindings
- Fixed pistol to rifle equip causing character to slide in TPP
- Add animation notify to hide TPP Kar98 WPN clip when firing
- The player can sometimes hear voice chat audio after leaving a heavily populated server - disconnect all voice channels upon returning to the main menu
- Fixed multiple instances of voice channel connection loss issues
- Added defensive code
- Decimated the poly counts on over 50 commonly used props in each map which should increase player FPS (still more to do).
- Did a texture sweep and managed to save on video memory in all three maps.
- Improved LODs on Barberry Bushes
- Updated tank driver and commander positions to have less bloom (players were suffering from a blown out viewport in Foy)
- Fixed blood textures not always appearing accurately when player's model is shot in certain locations
- Begun work on overhaul of new deployment menu
- Begun work on overhaul of team selection screen
- Begun work on new HUD
- Begun work on new server browser menu
- Begun work on new death screen
- Expanded scoreboard menu name field to display longer names
- Made legalese on main menu smaller and less distracting
- Fixed - markers cannot be placed on hedgerows and instead travel through
- Fixed - the 'Deploy' prompt overlaps its text box on the Deployment screen"
- Fixed - the United States team name goes off screen within the deployment screen
- Added “Leave Server” button to the after action scoreboard and screen
- Added unit prefix to VOIP notifies so you can see which unit leader is talking (eg. Easy company has the prefix “E”)
- Fixed a terrible bug where the sector capture progress was often inverted - leading to horrible situations in which you’d think you were about to capture when in actual fact it was the enemy who’d capture.
- US Commander is missing construction SFX for building Garrisons
- MG42 new FPP fire sound and restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- MG34 (coaxial and hull on German tanks) has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- M1919 has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- M1903 Springfield has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- BAR has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- STG 44 has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- M1 Garand has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- Kar 98k has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- G43 has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- M1 Carbine has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- MP40 has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- Thompson has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- Bazooka has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- Panzerschreck has restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- Colt 1911 new FPP fire sound and restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- Luger P08 new FPP fire sound and restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- Walther P38 new FPP fire sound and restructured, mixed and updated TPP sound treatment
- Temporarily removed Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy as US victory theme and replaced it with the Victory March. Don’t worry - Erika is still there.
- In-game map is not consistent with environment shown in sector E10.
- Incorrect colour icon in HUD when German player enters a strongpoint
- Tank HUD indicator does not behave correctly (should behave the same as infantry)
- Some instances of ‘snaking’ still present
- Changing helmets in the redeployment screen does not change the helmet
- Users occasionally will travel great distances when vaulting (however they will recover and be returned to their correct spot)
- No ADS as separate sensitivity (will be coming in Patch 1)
- Some Foxholes difficult to exit (needs geometry adjustment)
- Tank camera judder sometimes experienced when driving over very uneven ground at top speeds
- Supply drop can appear out of sync with plane animation
- Custom helmets do not have blood or charring decals applied when damaged
- Max player count on deploy screen incorrect for 82 and 64 player servers
- Very long custom server names are badly scaled on enlist screen
- Shadows incorrect in SMDM
- Localisation incomplete
- Some placeholder images in ‘How to Play’
- Support score currently unfinished
- Possible compatibility issues with some hardware on Windows 10 1903 (causes game to boot to black screen)
- Crash when plugging in or unplugging some headsets when the title is running
- Crash if map changes when user is in keybindings menu
- Possible compatibility issues with some versions of Windows if users disable all audio output devices
- Game can crash if user unplugs primary display monitor during bootflow
- Users joining a server during a map change via RCon may become stuck on deployment screen
- Various other minor issues
R&D (not currently in game - this list is non-exhaustive)
- Optimisation pass for Utah Beach
- Updated flamethrower look and function
- Work on a material vertex shader which does custom FOV projection for first-person meshes
- Currently testing Steam Sound Engine in build
- Currently implementing water systems
- Currently updating Foy with additional cover in areas that are totally flat (we will release a map that indicates the locations of new cover)
- Hurtgen is in the process of a makeover to make many SPs more unique and interesting (including the introduction of concrete defensive emplacements).
- Barbed wire systems currently in progress
- Work on resource nodes
- Work on refining TPP animation systems
- Currently assessing all remaining FPP weapon bugs and animation needs
- Scoping audio engine change
- Continued work on animation bugs and refinement
- Continued creation of all US and German Winter uniform variants
- Continued work on all 2D elements in the game
- Scoping improvements to bipods
- Scoping improvements to sniper rifle scopes and sniping experience